View Single Post
Old 2010-12-24, 00:50   Link #594
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I imagine that it is 'officially' classified as engineering/load-moving equipment, and even has the tools for it (much like the P-5000 powerloader of Aliens fame)... unofficially, though, expect to find examples in the field as heavy-weapons platforms shortly after the balloon goes up. Necessity has a nice way of doing that.

And the Starcraft nods (as well as ones to C&C3, especially in the area of soundbites) can come thick and fast here, if desired. Advanced armor and Valkyrur energies aside, I suspect the fuel tanks have some sort of punch-off mechanism (even though violent explosions from plinking them are just, as noted, a Hollywoodism). For a secondary weapon I'd suggest - given how this lad like to get stuck in close - a good shotgun, perhaps even a prototype capable of burst fire (the armor can certainly handle the recoil). Field evaluations, recognizing this variant's lack of speed, might result in a 'jump jet' system being added somewhere in the future, granting boosted jumps and short bursts of speed (see: MGS3's Fury).
I was more imagining the Einherjar armor to be akin to the Mjolnir Mark V Armor of Halo fame, rather than being some kind of exoskeleton armor or power armor.

And we do have to remember, VC and VC2 both take place in the 1930's, so I'd have to limit how technologically advanced the AV armors are. Nothing like computers or such would exist at such a time. So no, the Surtr armor wouldn't be getting jump jets at any point in the story.

That's not to say the idea of jump jets is completely out of the question, however...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote