View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 15:38   Link #81
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought episode one was very promising. The animation was decent, the backgrounds atmospheric, the music good, and the voice-acting excellent. Koshimizu Ami's Horo was both wolf and woman, and Fukuyama Jun's Lawrence was on target as both young and mature -- even if, as Kurogane says, he may not have quite settled on a voice. Those long conversations between Lawrence and Horo may work after all. We even got Nazuka Kaori doing a star turn as the village maiden who wants Lawrence.

I thought the pacing and feel of the piece were very good, much like the manga. And just as in the manga, the main female character was effectively naked through most of the episode -- and it didn't seem gratuitous. Anyway, so far so good.

By the way, I noticed a lot of Korean names in the credits for the animation, and a lot of Vietnamese names for the backgrounds. Is it possible that Imagin has improved itself with foreign talent?

By the way, since aroduc's post wasn't spoilered, I didn't spoiler mine, either. I don't think there are any real spoilers in what I wrote, especially for anyone who has been reading this thread.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-08 at 15:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote