View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 17:37   Link #37
Random32
Also a Lolicon

1. I think people are overanalyzing when think everything is trying to send some message good or bad.
2. I would have to agree that most people in this thread do not understand feminism. Most people period do not understand feminism. I would say I'm in this category as well.
3. I think its better to ask whether shoujo manga is more or less feminist than seinen manga. Or more/less fem than Hollywood movies. We need a point of reference to compare shoujo manga too.
4. TheFluff. What is feminism? We should know that before we continue.
5. I think that a more quantifiable way to measure feminism is to count the ratio of main female strong characters to the number of main female weak characters. Please note I specifically said female [strong character] as opposed to [strong female] character. Badass female characters are not necessarily strong characters.
6. What is a female strong character test imho:
a. She must have a goal (beyond getting hooked with a guy)
b. flaws (beyond being attracted to complete jerks)
c. try to overcome those flaws to achieve her goal
d. (if applicable) she isn't saved, she is helped
isn't perfect, suggest something better if you want

Quote:
Your custom title/avatar/signature combo strongly supports my theory that you are male. While female anime watchers generally have just as terrible tastes as male ones do, they do not tend to like sexualizations of underaged girls (lolis). I remain unconvinced that you are actually female.
So you can't like lolicon if you are female. wtf. I know girls that like loli, maybe significantly less than guys that like loli, but you don't go up to every girl on the internet that likes loli and accuse them of being a G.I.R.L.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote