Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 23:33   Link #26
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So can someone summarize to me, about what i should know about AKB48? SO if i follow this anime,i won't have to go "wtf are they talking about"

I know that they are an idol group (sing, act, theater performances?) . And having 48 members? I heard that their 48 members changes through the years or something,isn't it?
I really doubt that you're going to have to know anything about AKB48 prior to watching the anime. But for the curious, you can either check out Wikipedia or the official AKB48 website.

Quote:
In December 2005, producer Yasushi Akimoto created the idol group "AKB 48". With the concept "Idols you can meet everyday", AKB 48 performs at the exclusive AKB48 Theater in Akihabara almost every day. They have already performed at "the 62th Kouhaku uta gassen" in 2011, and even have their own TV program "AKBINGO!", "Weekly AKB", "Naruhodo Highschool" and so on. As of May 2011 there are 18 members on team A, 18 members on team K and 18 members on team B, 23 members on team Trainee with a total of 61.