View Single Post
Old 2006-12-03, 14:15   Link #35
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Why not? It requires either very good reflexes and/or planning ahead and/or permanent jutsu.
Yondaime suddenly appearing behind you ready to strike means death for most ninja because he's that good.
Give the same jutsu to Ninja-joe and many ninja in the show has already showed what it needs to counter such attack simply because they are that much faster than a regular ninja's arm or because they possess ability that make physical attack close to meaningless or because they planed ahead the use of Bunshin making impossible to know which target is the good one.

For example imagine Sasuke with Hiraishin the first time he faced Lee. That would barely change anything.
Sasuke's body was still too slow to deal with Lee's speed and during the little time he would need to move his hand in order to stab Lee, Lee would have kicked the hell out of him.

It doesn't meant this jutsu isn't a great asset because it's one of the most useful supplementary jutsu of the show but it's certainley no alpha and omega jutsu.
I am not saying giving it to Konohamaru of 2.5 years ago, but for instance the genin version of Lee. The jutsu itself has a surprise factor, that can give an advantage to you even if you are not the fastest (remember the first fight between Kakashi and Itachi, the teleportation should be faster than Itachi's movements, or what Kakashi's eye can catch, and the last time Kakashi barely dodged it, if I remember correctly).

Also, I believe we need to consider the person using that jutsu to be completely in control of that jutsu, knowing its advantages and disadvantages perfectly well (even Naruto can learn Rasengan, that shouldn't be a big deal), and in that case, for the example of Sasuke-Lee, that would change something. The easiest that comes to my mind is to use it to escape first, then to prepare for action, and attack Lee when he is still in the air, I think Sasuke is capable of coming up with a plan like that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote