View Single Post
Old 2008-05-03, 22:44   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So here's my input for the thing:

1) Like jedinat says, you literally get confirmation messages every five seconds. I hated moving/deleting things, especially from the start menu (oh help me) with UAC enabled.

2) The other thing is the issue that WanderingKnight stated. According to him, every computer using Windows XP would get infected in some way. That may be true, but the real question is, does that affect anything? I've used XP since forever now, and I will say that it doesn't. If stuff's coming in and I don't want it to be, but it doesn't do me any harm, then I don't really care. Besides, there's nothing that I can't cure by a system restore.

3) I can't believe it took me 5 minutes to find out how to paste onto Microsoft Word. It kept giving me the warning about disabling modules, so I had to look it up and disable it. It still wouldn't work, and apparently I had to restart it. Okay. All I wanted was to paste a freaking picture, and apparently they can have harmful scripts, oh no.

All in all, Vista is overprotective. I'll admit that I'll be vulnerable to attacks, but I don't really care. I'll just backup and restore my computer if I feel like something's wrong with it. That's better than clicking "Okay, I give you permission" for the 12968355234th time.

Thanks for the responses.

EDIT: I just found something good about Vista: Windows Photo Gallery can play videos!

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-05-04 at 00:17.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote