View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 17:42   Link #217
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
I think it's closer to the truth to say that ALto had no real romantic interest in either girl, he is way to preoccupied with feeling sorry for himself.

He pretty much uses them as an excuse to stay out of the family bussiness while pining for his dead mum. In fairness the only time he seemed really worked up about Sheryl was when she was sick and dressed up in his dead mom's kimono. Making me think he has a rather unhealthy mommy complex...

So my guess it's going to be AltoxValkyrie and we should check the damned thing if there if there is no "made by NERV" written on it somewhere.
Um, what? Alto is one of the protagonists with the least hang-ups in the history of well-characterized mecha protagonists. His time agonizing about his "painful past" is kept to the bare minimum to convey to the viewers that he had legitimate reasons for running out on his father.

Alto actually is one of those people who actually does something about his problems and the problems of others. He cares about his friends and his home.

And how you can see no romantic interest in Sheryl is beyond me. Ranka... well, he cares a lot about her, but in a platonic way.