View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 04:37   Link #58
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Maybe to you but not to me.
Not gonna defend ponyo since it's not among my favorite ghiblis though I did feel like I got my money's worth just for the character interaction alone.

Not ghibli but a movie like Redline completely neglects its story in favor of visuals and I love it,hell I even appreciate there being little story,it doesn't need one.

By saying that movies with no stories are bad you're calling all movies that accord more importance to character interaction rather than plot bad, Only Yesterday has a razor thin plot yet it's one of my favorite ghibli movie.
I forgot to put this.

Character interaction is fine, but in Ponyo it didnt really help the story after a point.

And I dont like movies that are just a showcase of animation. I think you should make theatre shorts or straight to DVD movies if you wanna make movie with little plot. Or do something like Fantasia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
And just FYI for people who don't pay much attention to dates: The thread is necro'd by Kudryavka, three posts above me. Nothing wrong with that, but people should know and don't respond to a conversation that ended eons ago when the sun was young and the world was green.
Hey dont blame me. If I made a new thread I would get a infraction and it would get deleted or merged into this one anyway. Dont blame me, blame these stupid site rules. I agree that dead threads should stay dead.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote