View Single Post
Old 2010-09-05, 13:50   Link #261
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
"Vasto Lordes surpass CONSIDERABLY captain-class shinigami in strength and speed"

Then why the hell could Shunsui not only dodge Starrk's Cero Metralleta, fight on par with him with swordplay and take a cero to the face and be pretty much unharmed?

Yeah, VLs were overhyped. I was one of the people hoping that the Espada were Adjuchas, but as we've seen in the latest data book, most of the stronger espada were VLs. Which leaves Soul Society or the King's Realm to be the next enemy.
Considering you actually thought they weren't VL there is actally none of this having to do Shusui's zanpaktou. I mean come on how can you not say that is what helped him win. If Starrk was weak he wouldn't have defeated the Vizards and cause so much trouble for Shunsui . I am actually one of those who are extremly happy to find out that the top 3 espada are VL's and I'll be even more happy to find out Ulquirra was one too. I mean the pushed Toshiro too the brink and if you saw the manga Halibel still broke out of his icy glacier. Soifon's attack did nothing to Barragan.