View Single Post
Old 2012-01-16, 08:20   Link #4710
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
This is why I stopped reading the scanlations about a month and a half ago. Kenichi's character is stagnant and he's been that way since the end of the DofD arc, in my opinion. Yes, his power level has grown since then, but considering every other person in the manga has progressed at the same rate, it doesn't actually feel like anything has changed. More like Kenichi started out strong, but then just hit a wall and his progress slowed to a crawl.

Part of that is due to the switch to Yami as the focus of the story. Hard to see the lead's growth when the people in the spotlight are so powerful that he wouldn't stand a chance against them. He ends up overshadowed. Add in him doing absolutely nothing during most of these past arcs along with standard rinse and repeat fights, and it feels like the manga is going nowhere. This fight against Miu was hopefully going to change something, but from what I've seen, it's just dragging things out even more and showing just how stagnant Kenichi has become, especially mentally.

I know KLGChaos..i also feel the same...but..has a fan of this manga..i can't stop to read it..hoping that Kenichi character grow up...Kenichi strength is ok for me... like we see..Kenichi fight always people that are more strong than him...and in the end Kenichi win..this means that fight after fight Kenichi power grow up..is like a training to the dead..but..the Author continue to decrease his power after the fight is finished..and after 460 chapter..this is just illogical...and make Miu always one step beyond him..is illogical in this point in the story..like i mentioned when Kenichi and Miu fight the bad guys of Yami arm division..why Kenichi beat one, and Miu four?when in the previous fight, Kenichi beat Kōkin..mastered the two secret move of Apachi..make a splendid eyes like close to Master class..but no...finish the fight= power decrease..in Kenichi current level..he can beat the two disciple of Hongo with one hand..and the fact that when Miu was hit by one of these...and Kenichi make the same eyes when he did Apanch and beat with one hit the disciple, is a prove that Kenichi is strong...this Arc..is just perfect for change his behavior...but..this is Author problem...if he continue like this more more people are going to give up in this manga..and is a shame..because for me..is a good manga..Kenichi has more psychological barriers...and is time that this barriers be broken.
But like i said..is Author fault..i can understand people get angry and give up in this manga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
He stopped using his Seikuken because he was repulsed by how empty Miu's heart was, he realized it wasn't the same Miu he once knew. But yeah, his second attempt to free Miu has failed, on to Plan C. If he doesn't use Ryuusui Seikuken to its fullest, he won't win. He would've been killed by Shou had he not, this is an even worse situation, failure is not an option, Kenichi.

And yes again, this is Kenichi's fight. Sakaki himself said Kenichi had to save Miu with his own strength. No one can win this battle for him, or it'll further degrade him as a protagonist, as you already said. Even though I'm sure he never wanted to fight Miu ni order to protect her, as Akisame and Hayato told man, there are times a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Time to man up, Kenichi, or there'll be more rage and inevitably death in your future. And don't count of the masters to continuously bail you out. If you can't stand on your own, you'll fall, simple as that. Hopefully he does so next week, but when he does watch for Jenazad to interfere, like he did against Jihan. He makes a move, Hongo and Sakaki will be right there to intercept him, leaving Kenichi and Miu to finish things amongst themselves, as they're supposed to. Until then...
He stopped using his Seikuken because he was angry with the Demon... the Demon noticed the change of his fighting spirit when Kenichi talked to him...instead of thinking to speak with the demon..Kenichi has to fight seriously...and the fact that Kenichi don't continue to use Seikuken...is illogical..

I agree with you..for this post...and i hope that no one should interfere in their fight...Kenichi has to win this fight..the most important fight in his life..
i wonder if kenichi lost conscious and start to fight seriously..with full power and without psychological barriers like his fear to hurt his opponent....what will happen..

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-01-16 at 08:31.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote