View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 15:18   Link #616
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a good introductory episode. Dystopian settings have always appealed to me so I ended up enjoying this quite a bit.

I have a bit of hard time buying the fact a system as obviously flawed as psycho pass was implemented in that world though. It's so horrible it's not even funny. A victim can become a criminal in the eyes of the law in a matter of minutes. I couldn't believe that they were seriously going to execute that woman simply because she was temporarily in a bad state of mind. Temporarily being the key word here. One second, she was deemed as an irredeemable criminal that was to be executed on the spot, and in the next she was to be captured because Akane managed to reassure enough to bring her psycho pass to down to acceptable levels. That makes no freaking sense. You can't kill somebody who's done nothing wrong on such a ridiculously unreliable basis. It even contradicts what the old man said earlier about there being a point of no return for the criminals.

Akane seems to be the only sane character in this anime. Even her superior apparently thinks her actions were wrong, even though she was obviously in the right. This is a messed up world.