View Single Post
Old 2007-06-15, 17:39   Link #275
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
The last thing this title needs now is a bitter rivality among scanlators. We shouldn't suspect the motives or translation quality of one scanlator group just because they're fast or the other group for its more "literal" approach to translation. As clichéd as it sounds, make peace people (and love to Rin & Co.), not war
Well said. I may have taken a few liberties with the source material and mod it to such my interpretation there, but I was never the antagonist in the first place.

AFAIK, I was here explaining my interpretation without denoucing the rival's oftheir own interpretation as when the other party came in and shot mine down without explainly clearly why using antagonistic words, thus starting the whole deal.

It was after much coaxing with the help from a few forumers that he starts to give in, which I appreciate and takes as a lesson to follow a more literal path in the future.

Quote:
Was the "Idiot" in the taiwanese edition, or did you read ホーケー ("hookee"---> "houkei") perhaps as ボケ ("boke"; senile, idiot)?
The TW translation has translate "ホーケー" as "foreskin". Like I explained, looks like I have taken too much liberties there to read the entire thing as "ボケ", should have checked up more.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2007-06-15 at 18:04.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote