View Single Post
Old 2008-02-19, 01:11   Link #20067
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Holy- did I take a step into the past? It's freaking mayhem here, like in the old days.

And, we broke the 20k Barrier!

It's been a while since we last celebrated a barrier break. Feels good to know that this thread is still alive and kicking, even after 20000 posts.

Things went a little nuts back there... Felt good though.

Quote:
Sometimes the curse turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I had forgotten the infecting abillity the flood part of the spawn had, but with Neltharion's corruption litterally burning away the infection, I can safely say "hell yes!"

Ultralisks may be tough, but they're no match for someone who took on a Bio-Titan.

Although she's aready out for a few weeks in doing so. >_< Ah well, that's Keroko for you. At least she has very able bodyguards watching over her.
...you forgot about the existence of Leena.

*runs*

Quote:
My gripe with Power Armors is not the plate, as we know Signum wears plated protectors, Hayate has plate sideguards, Vivio and Keroko have plate covering their stomach and sides and so on and so on, my problem with power armor is the gizmos and wires inside the armor that, basically, makes them robots on their own.

Why?

We already know that normal mages not wearing Power Armor can do pretty much everything someone with Power Armor can do, and then some. Why do they need a bulky armor with all sorts of chips that allow it to move more freely then it should, when a mage without it can do the exact same thing? It doesn't give any advantages. If anything, all the technollogy only makes it more receptive to breaking down during a fight. And we know that mages can match a similar performance just fine, so why do we need masses of mages wielding Power Armor for any other reason then 'it's cool?'

To answer your question of having one ellement, and throwing the other away... I do disagree that as a justification for Power Armors. We have two elements in Nanoha, fantasy and sci-fi. The fantasy element is provided with things such as magic, familiars and dragons. The sci-fi ellement is provided with things such as dimensional spaceships, cyborgs, clones and devices.

The two already balance eachother out as they are, if anything, Power Armor would be the one which would throw away the fantasy side in exchange for the sci-fi.

Barrier Jackets are the main form of armor in Nanoha, they can take on any shape the user desires, from skirts to swimsuits to knight armor, and they all do the same thing: Protect and support the user. Why would you need an armor with all that technojunk? Just create a plate barrier jacket! Same results, much cheaper, more sturdy, the list goes on and on.

You asked 'Where are the knights in shiny machine armor on robot battle chargers?' the answer is simple: They don't exist. In fact, they don't exist for the same reason shiny machine armors don't exist: Why would they have them? By the time magic became the main practice, they long since had bikes, cars and helies, why would they make a robotic horse? Just stick a mage on a bike and you're done.
No more mass-produced Frames... Field Fighters sounds just as good...

*crosses off several ideas*

I'll just heck the explanations and have the Cleric-knights wear Knight Armor made to look like Gundam. Flashy, plate armored and fanservicy cool.

But I'd like to keep the transforming Aibamashin, since they were made using Bellerophon's data.

Quote:
She's been... busy.

Spoiler for busy indeed:

Griffith: Hey Tes, how did you find Kane's Wrath?

Tesla: (wakes up) Huh? Wha?

Griff: You... feel asleep sitting up?

Tes: Eh?! Ah no I just drifted off. Been playing it all night! ...

Grif: I see. Answers my question then. (Thank goodness you like it.) Ja! (walks off)

Tes: Ja... (thinks quietly) What the heck was that dream about Keroko the size of a chibi vap-ping Mammoths in a desert...?

Quote:
Servants, Signum=Nanoha, Archer, Berserker, Bankai, Erio with a gladius....

Rebuilt is going to one huge crackfest, isn't it?
The Limiter Break systems I've been introducing have been disguised Bankai...

So, pretty much yes, just need to make sure it doesn't turn into a real robot fest.

Quote:
No problem on my part.

On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.
Actually if you ask me, I can't make out what Hayate thinks from that face. Looks like self-loath for not knowing how to defend herself there.

But I agree on Tea and Rein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Oh nuts more crack. Approved though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Though I felt that some people kind of cheated.
*sneezes*

()

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Somehow, I get a strange mental picture regarding good' ole Nel vs. the infection:

"Back off weakling, get your own b**** to chew on."

The badassness is just mindblowing!

Quote:
... I hope Keroko-tan doesn't appear in Kane's Wrath, or my ZOCOM is done for

*packs up Sonic equipment*
"I'm sure Foreman agrees."

"Definitely."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
So they do. Like father like son?

*runs*

Quote:

Well more of bringing them over for my stories. I know they have been featured here at one point of time or another but I don't think they have been OC-fied. To say I'm not porting them directly over but still would like to work with their basic appearance and traits. Toned down on any possible h4xx abilities of course.

That much said, this are the two I have in mind..

Spoiler:

And not forgetting him of course.

Spoiler:
All approved.

But in Rebuilt, color Gilga's armor red and you have Thomas Kluize. This makes Gilga join the double ref ranks.

Quote:
Erio Aznable makes his mark in ReBuilt at long last. Mature Caro is hawt too.

Do we get ReBuilt Tesla as well?
I was inspired by an earlier post, would credit if I remembered who did.

Sure. Once Lightning and the Cleric-knights are done, I'm sure the ladies of Drake Squad will come soon after.

NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!

*runs*

Quote:
Well the omake did mention Erio cleaning up the mess so it can be taken as he had the dream after the events of the sparring session.

Though I realized the focus was on Erio abit too much so here's a short version of one of the possible scenarios as well.

Spoiler:

AWESOME CRACKFEST!!!

Signum henshin, HATSUDO SHOUNIN!!! Time for that undercover mission!

Quote:
So Vita's not a virgin?
I was wondering about that...

Hayate popped her cherry.

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Kha
Spoiler for Supreme Elio:

So, I returned from my exile, and I find out that Elio is now gar. His attacks are nice, a small scale approach to things. I see he has stepped out of his mother's shadow, and he is now his own fighter. He uses his magic, guts, and hard work to power himself. Does Kha/Elio have a MASTER/DOMON moment, like This...

Elio: Master!
Kha: Elio, The school of the Undefeated of the East

Elio: The winds of the king!
Kha: Tempa
Elio: Kyoran
Spoiler for Rather good image:

Together: "Look the East... MidChlida is burning Red!

That is grand...
Wow indeed.

Quote:
Spoiler for Signum:

I always thought Signum was a AngelG, not Valasaya.
Yeah quite. She's like Angelg's body with Vysaga's OS.

Quote:
Spoiler for Pilgrim Duels:

Innovative. A actual purpose for the Tomes. I mean, even insane mad wizards don't make the generic soul stealing device without reason. It is nice that Reinforce is truly good at heart, and actually has a reason for existing. This sounds like a wicked RPG idea...
It's a really long story, and not exactly as you said, but Nanoha/Cente Gravia will tell all...

...crackily of course.

Quote:
Kha, are you going to be a doctor... because I am afraid of becoming someone in your drama world... must not get sick...
"Pull my ribbon, if you know what I mean."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I would like to run an idea of mine by you guys for a while before I truly get started on it. Lowe never replied so I decided to ask every one instead.
Spoiler for VUDs:
Spoiler for Plan:
Its a fairly crazy idea but is it viable or should I shut down my delusions of grandeur?
Passes for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:

Yuuno had me in stitches. Looks like he's been somewhat affected by Lone Wolf's actions, and Nanoha's GAR has been rubbing off on him.

Though I least expected S&W there. Like-minded indeed.

What about Darry and Mai? "Arnie", Xealot and Ichimoku Ken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Surely older than her... How old is Vice? He could be used as a reference.
In my crack:

Aces, Sophia/Anita: 19 going 20

Artei, Vice, Sunny, Belkarengers: 23 going 24

Quote:
Now that's a HUGE change huh?

It allowed me to shift all the mushy moments out for cuter ones, and focus on Sophia a lot more. Nanoha/Cente Gravia is as much about her as it is about Kha.

Quote:
Nah, nowing Nel he'd probably go "Insolent parasite! You dare opose those whom you cannot dream to match? Taste the fury of the Earth itself!"
...I think I prefer the badass!Nel.

*runs*

Quote:
If, by chance, you see a red Ion Cannon, that's her.
Tesla's dream is spreading...

Quote:
Actually, its specifically stated that an AMF is less effective against Belkan magic then against mid.
Hmm... This is interesting. So there ARE mana frequency differences between magic schools.

Quote:
Finally my rebuild!

(Caro looks really nice there BTW...)

*ahem*

A Shaman?! Now that's an interesting development...

What's with those shoes, though? No wonder why he gets all those lolis...

Man, all the spells and abilities are awesome. Very nice work. ...But Bankai?! Well, for those who think its weird, just think of Shaman King's Yoh's technique of shrinking his soul releases for better handling, sharpness and speed. (This is from the anime, in case the manga did not have such technique.) It is the same principle as Ichigo's Bankai, and basically what Kha wanted to do here. And it works.

And BTW Kha, you can also say he changes his hair color to silver while in this mode... *runs*

Hmm, I think this is the best rebuild so far, or at least the one I liked the most, very coherent and interesting.
...no, Kha and Erio are NOT related by blood.

And yeah I used Shaman King's interpretation and spliced it with Ichigo's to create Granado es Strada. The Shaman King emphasis came when I thought about Erio becoming the opposite of Kha, and that would be in WoW terms a Shaman. The electrical affinity made it work, and Acous' Unlimited Feral Spirits just added to the feasibility of the crack.

Forgot to mention that Erio's jacket turns HOTBLOODED RED, and becomes 3 TIMES TOUGHER but 3 TIMES LIGHTER as well.

And apologies to whoever started the Erio Aznable idea for me just using it right off the bat. I accredit this idea to you, so please stand up so I can add that piece of information into Erio's profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
No. Screw that. you're this thread's ZAFIRA!

*RUNS LIKE HELL*
BAD DOG!

*RUNS EVEN FASTER*

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

More crack from 00:

Spoiler for uhoh:

And some more from CLANNAD, but applied as a trailer:

Spoiler for Cente Gravia:
This is a short version of the trailer. I'll do a fuller one when I can get the time.

~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

Quote:

Turing: Why yes, I'm very busy indeed...

Matsuri: Uncle, stop that.
Turing: If my client is a celestial being, doesn't that make me God by extension?

Quote:
*salutes*

YES MY LOODO!!!!

Spoiler for As you command!:
...Grown-up Caro?

*dodges gondola*

Quote:
AMAZONESS!!!!!!

*ehem*

Although wouldn't Koryuoh be in the possession of Chrono?

*runs*

Read Rebuilt of Caro, which is going to be launched today, for more information.

Quote:
Mama-Raida already has Bellerophon though
So... there are 2 Bellerophon?

*sees Megane and Sophia face off*

Last edited by Kha; 2008-02-19 at 01:39.