View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 03:55   Link #1057
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
I mean I knew she sang well before, but the more I listened to her, the more I looked at her live footage (from Youtube and Nico video), I can for sure say that there are no JPop singer of her age with the same level of vocal range, depth and power in her voice, and puts quite as much emotion into her singing. I mean, 18 year old & under out there in the JPop world. What's there? Hello Project? Berryz? PULLLLEEASSSEEEEE. Not to beat on them - I personally enjoy some Hello Project stuff, but they are idols - you watch them do cute dances and think they're cute and you jump up and down doing Wotagei for them. May'n is a SONGSTRESS! (sure, BoA got a lot more famous at a younger age, but I am still not terribly convinced about her)
Same here, same here. Even though she has an ordinary voice, her vocal range is amazing and all her songs are so rich in emotion. And I get what you want to say in your post. Most of young j-pop artists (or idol to be frank...) sell image only. I found only a few of them having a good voice and likable songs. May'n is one of the young singer that I anticipate to grow from now on. And I will say she can success if she keeps improving from now on!

(Heh, BoA sure does have a good voice-like Megumi, but wasn't memorable enough for me 'cept for Inuyasha ED theme at that time )

Quote:
And she's only 18. WTFBBQ (mind you, turning 19 soon on Oct 21! We should have a mini-celebration) - that's like 2 months younger than my sister and she's already so well-established in her singing? That totally blows my mind away. Ya you can say I have become a hardcore fan of hers.
Hehe, it's good to see a hardcore supporter of May'n. She deserve to get more! (And she is going to have her birthday on 21st of October? This calls for a huge celebration on 21st!)

Quote:
Speaking of buying CDs, I got mine from HMV and they're mad fast. Shipped my Nyan Tora (+SRW Z + Hirano Aya's Namida single + JAM Project new single) on Monday through EMS and it arrived Wednesday noon (in the US). So effectively I got my copy the same day as Japan
HMV shipped it? Here's hoping that my region's would ship it too I'm sure I will cash that one even though I have dl-ed it People, SUPPORT NYAN-TRA OST! *Waves Pom-pom*

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote