View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 20:56   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I will say you are generally more likely to find a "good" show with above average execution and simple premise than a "good" show with an above average premise but simple execution. To be more specific, a good premise does not equal a good show, but good execution almost always equals an above average show.

As I said earlier, if something is done well, then it is generally good. Not great, but at least good.

(It goes without saying, at least for me, that a "great" show has a good premise and good execution.)
I agree with this.

I also think that we should differentiate between how premise & execution attract audience and how they add to the experience of watching the anime itself.

An anime with original or unusual premise might attract more audience than anime with a tired premise. Still, when all things are said & done, cliche'd anime with exceptional execution always triumph over premise-driven anime with poor execution (quality-wise, not commercial-wise). So, in the end, good execution might not be the only thing that matters, but it surely is the most important thing for a story.