View Single Post
Old 2013-06-30, 23:49   Link #532
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Four days ago Valvrave ended its first season run. Fortunately, I'm just one more episode left to finish it in time for the arrival of the next anime season.

This was the defining moment for Shoko. She was exposed and witnessed to the horrors that adults can commit: treachery, injustice, underhandedness, etc.

To me this was more poignant than hearing Haruto proposing marriage to Saki.

Witnessing her fathers' last words and demise before her eyes will definitely stir a profound change within Shoko. I do bet my two cents that she'll toughen up for next season to become that kind of adult she wants to be: the nice type but still realistic that cares for younglings and does everything to protect them, to encourage them, and to guide them towards a more positive direction.

As for Haruto and Saki, well, with what happened at the end of the previous episode, they have practically left the threshold of childhood and enter into the dawn of adulthood.

Moreover, I do feel that hikkikomori Akira will get her defining moment in the last episode that will oblige her to grow up, and I do feel that Satomi after experiencing recurrent breakdowns due to his inability to take the reins on his own without being told will either descend to madness or making a dangerous choice that could threaten everyone in module 77.

As for L-Elf, Cain delivered a very pleasant smile on my face when he countered and shattered L-Elfs' calculations with his own plan, succeeding with infiltrating and invading Module 77 from within.
That's another difference between a child and an adult.

L-Elf's pisses me so much due to his flawless manipulative actions and prediction ability that makes him so much in control of himself. It was about time that somebody saw through his tactics and broke them.