View Single Post
Old 2006-04-21, 14:49   Link #20
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I think the main factor of how A!MG is percieved as harem or not is directly related to how indepth one defines their own definition of "harem". If one gives a broad/general description of what "harem" is (eg. "A wimpy male surrounded by many girls"), then it is simple to include A!MG in that very large container definition. But if one adds more detail and specificity to their definition (eg. "slapstick jokes, or ecchi situations"), it will become increasingly difficult to contain A!MG within the label of harem. But of course, this notion of definition specificity versus containment applies much more generally (to all definitions) than just anime genres. Anyways, what rooboy666 said is true, everyone has their own definition of what harem is, and not everyone's definition will agree with the major consensus. I, however, have a fairly conventional definition of harem, and it is in accordance with the perspective of the "no" side. Avoiding to re-iterate what they have already argued, I'll just say I support their main point, thus I voted no.