View Single Post
Old 2008-05-06, 13:22   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I believe many of you misunderstood me. The 1,000+ Rabid Fan clubs are all purely Korean Fan Clubs. Hitman Reborn, Gintama, and Code Geass series are extremely popular with KOREAN FEMALE population. The problem is that these mostly-female fan clubs decided that they will support their favorite anime series by voting for any character from these in any moe tournament that appears in their radar. Since Japanese Saimoe is progenitor of these moe tournament, these fan clubs know about it well. The question is whether or not they decide to mobilize their immense MONETARY resources to vote in Japanese Saimoe. I know that if one of three fan club does decide to invest in the Saimoe, others will follow. It won't be more than an hour before Japanese Saimoe organizers will catch huge spike in voting for specific characters coming from Korea, and will decide to let it in unhindered if it is against someone they want to eliminate, or decide to ban all voting from Korea and some part of USA where these fan clubs have presence among Koreans residing in USA if it is against someone they hope to win. These fan clubs will become a perfect tool for the Saimoe organizer to manipulate the result in anyway they want to, IF they choose to do so.
Then the Nanoha legion needs to organize as well. MAL already has 450+MSLN club members, need to find that MSLN mailing list.

btw is there MSLN club in Korea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Lol, if pseudo-Gin advances far in SaiMoe, I will have a hearty chuckle.

As long as she doesn't run into any of the Major hitters, there is enough Gi mojo for her to advance up to the 3rd round.