Thread: My Ideal Anime?
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-07, 06:34   Link #7
Moresca
Doing the time-warp

After reading the descriptions of what you liked so far, I surmised that you prefer your characters acting in a reasonable and more adult way and appreciate a coherent plot, good storytelling and character-interaction - preferably not limited to teenagers saving the universe. And a little action as sugar-coating.

Let's see. Have you watched Samurai Champloo? Although it seems to start out episodic the plot develops and deepens over the course of time, the lead characters are quirky and lovable, the story can be outright funny, thoughtful or serious. The cast is solidly portrayed, character interaction is great, the (sword-) fights are gorgeously animated and choreographed and the anime also offers a fabulous soundtrack.

Second one I want to recommend is Last Exile. Even if the leads are teenagers and try to save their world in some way. The plot gets a bit frayed towards the end but this is somewhat outweighed by the serious eye-candy this anime offers. Especially the air-fights are simply gorgeous to watch. Very nice opening song it got too.

And because I cannot stop myself from repeating it endlessly, I again suggest the awesomeness that is Witch Hunter Robin. Great story with elements of thriller, mystery, fantasy. Great, deeply developed characters, awesome OP and ED and very nice artwork for an "older" series (2002).