View Single Post
Old 2009-08-08, 15:21   Link #12
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Well season 1 of Gundam 00 was pretty unique in its own right. It was surprisingly good and refreshing for a Gundam series. Too bad season 2 turned out to be one of the greatest train wrecks I've ever seen. How Sunrise could drop the ball so badly is mystifying to me.

That being the case, you'll want to check out Code Geass. Since both were produced by Sunrise, I'm sure you'll enjoy Code Geass just as much if not more.
Didn't like the Magical GN Fairy Dust, eh?

I didn't think Gundam 00's second season was even remotely half as bad as Code Geass R2. Wasn't as good as the first season and did contain a significant quantity of things that made me twitch uncontrollably...

... but doesn't approach the various wallbangers concerning Schneizel in Code Geass R2. Not that R2 wasn't enjoyable--it was, but it was less so than Gundam 00's second season, at least from my point of view.

I really thought the best part of 00's second season was the Saji/Louise subplot. In the first season, it was so disconnected from the story, even including Nena Trinity's Ax Crazy tendencies and Kinue's death.

In season two, Louise becomes... strangely much more likable and less horribly annoying. And Saji manages to become far less likable, but gets more character development than just about any character in the damn show. His Crowning Moment of Awesome truly is awesome, you have to admit.

Don't let the Magical GN Pixie Dust ruin the good parts of 00's second season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I think I'd like to see Code Geass... It's so damn popular, I got curious about it... But I don't think I'd have time to see both seasons. Would it be good enough to just watch the first? Or is the second followable without pre-viewing? Help!
Code Geass is hardly an ideal anime, but it's definitely worth watching. You don't have to marathon it, you know. ^^; You can play it real and watch one episode a week!

The first season is much better written and has less pacing problems than R2 does. You can watch R2 without the first season and still know what's going on, due to a timeslot change and Sunrise being forced to bring new viewers up to speed on the events of the series.