View Single Post
Old 2010-11-19, 20:24   Link #33
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
To clear up some issues that the anime might have simply glossed over, here's more excerpts from the original text, courtesy of the amazing Teh_Ping who translated it. If you want to make a comparison to how J.C.Staff portrayed what happened, go ahead and read them.

Awaki VS. Kuroko:
Spoiler for volume 8 break or crash:

Basically, Kuroko's wounds reopened and the pain was too much for her to calculate the coordinates for teleporting. The same thing happened in the first season's Sherry VS. Kuroko with the golem, where she couldn't concentrate.

The exact reason why Awaki broke down after Kuroko talked back to her:

It's a bit similar to Index's Sheol Fear, in which Kuroko pointed out the contradiction in the line of thinking that Awaki lived by. That forced her to look at her own faults and it "broke" her.

What exactly happened when Mikoto and Touma saved Kuroko, + an extra dialogue at the end that wasn't included in the anime:

The exact reason behind Awaki's trauma of teleporting herself:

And finally, a line that wasn't included in the Touma+Index conversation at the end:
Spoiler for volume 8 one place, one scene:
Wow, thanks a lot for this. A lot of my questions, like why Kuroko suddenly can't start teleporting anymore or why Musujima suddenly broke down is answered perfectly here, as well as some other great stuffs that seems a waste not to be animated. But oh well, time constraints and all, at least they dedicate the budget on the awesome fights with the great soundtracks. Yeah, I guess now that it's finished I'll try and find a time to read the whole volume when I can.