View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 18:02   Link #8
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Very interesting episode. So from what the professor mentioned, P-P's Japan is basically shut itself from the rest of the world: so has it been like that since the Sibyl System came into effect, or does it go back way before that? The mention of the hyper-oats was interesting; haven't we seen the worst when it came to depending on one source of food staple? History does indeed repeat itself.

Poor Akane. She's pretty much under pressure this time, and it was nice that Shion offered her a shoulder to cry on. I liked her statement to Shion, which she told her that, despite all the stress, her hue remains turquoise-blue, and she asks if she's really that 'cold-hearted.' I think Akane's really progressed from her episode 1 self - as a character she's grown a lot, and she's quite relatable, in my opinion.

Other things:
- I liked how Kougami was imagining Makishima joining in his conversation with the professor.
- Even professors, scholars, literary critics, etc. can be deemed 'useless' by Sibyl?
- Well, Ginoza finally snapped; in the end all he wants is to save Kougami. When he turned his back on Masaoka, I felt a sense of foreboding. The picture of Masaoka and his young son shown earlier in the episode contrasts heavily with their current situation.
- The animation quality was much, much better this time, whew.