View Single Post
Old 2008-06-24, 18:22   Link #2119
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
But he had no real power in the political system whether he is a Knight of Seven or not! Do we even know that he DIDN'T propose something? Who the hell would listen to him? The country tried to throw a damn coup on them, and you think they are going to play nice with that? What do you think he has teh power to do when nobody is going to listen? You can't answer that with anything. He couldn't DO anything. The Rebellion made it impossible for anything to be done. The Britannian government didn't trust the Elevens, and teh Elevens didn't trust the Britannian government. There is nothing he has the power to do.
I was just throwing an idea out there, fact of the matter is that if the Britannian government were receptive to the idea of change, then the Black Rebellion would have been a giant wake up call that their current way of managing the areas needed to be revised. People do not try a coup just for the fun of it, they do so when there are enough that are discontented with their rulers. I was suggesting that Suzaku could have use his position as the Knight of Seven, which was respected as one of the Emperor's closest knights, to propose atleast a gradual change. Perhaps not right away for Area 11 but for another Area to use as a model, atleast something to farther his goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
hm...not necessarily...it seems to me like he's trying to gain the 2nd prince's support (what's his name?)...in all of season 2, suzaku seems to show up often with him, but then again he could have been ordered to do so and we do not know the 2nd prince's agenda, so we'll have to wait and see whether suzaku is an idiot or not
Well Suzaku was assigned to Schneizel for the European campaign and the the three Knight of Rounds were assigned to Schneizel again in China. I conceed that he may have made some sort of deal with Schneizel, I can actually see Schneizel promising Suzaku some concessions in return for supporting his bid for the throne when the time is right. What really gets me is that Suzaku has not exactly been shown to have any plan at all though.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote