View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 10:00   Link #27925
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Actually this is the best and most important reason I can think of to take arc 7 not as the absolute truth : the idea that the Yasu we were presented with in arc 7 being the writer doesn't work at all to me.
Too immature, too subjective, too biased, not understanding enough about enough, contrary to whoever wrote Umineko arcs.

If you want, it's like saying the writer knows very well the differences between Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice, but for "Yasu" especially as presented in arc 7... well she plays with imaginary friends and believes she can becomes a witch and consider Shannon and herself to be different people etc.

Not very good "objective writer material".
Seriously, the writer of all the arcs has a lot more life experience and understanding of everything then a delusional Yasu who can't stop her Battler obsession after 6 years.
I wonder if this can mean that the one who wrote the previous arcs was... let's call it adult Yasuda while EP 7 is written from the perspective of young Yasuda... if not just her Beato's part.

She's a Yasuda who seems to ignore Battler solved her enigma and therefore she's unaware of the ending of EP 5 & and the whole of EP 6.
I don't even know how much she knows about EP 5 as she doesn't seem to care about Battler from EP 5 at all. No, I don't mean about the mystery part because since it wasn't created by Beato it's fine she doesn't care about it but about Battler himself.
Did he remained stabbed or in the end did he managed to free himself? And if he did is he still trying to find a solution or has surrendered or has found it?

She doesn't care about any of this even if, when Will tells her that:
Quote:
"He did remember, in the end. ......However, that was long after you gave up and disappeared."
"......If that is so, ......then it would give my heart some peace..."
So I don't really know how to take that Yasuda. She's strange, as if removed from time. Though the whole EP 7 is odd as characters seem to sway between a world where Lion exists and one in which he doesn't so maybe this Yasuda is some sort of parallel Yasuda? Yet she has the knowledge of Beato's games...

Anyone with thoughts about her?
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote