View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 12:40   Link #27927
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Actually this is the best and most important reason I can think of to take arc 7 not as the absolute truth : the idea that the Yasu we were presented with in arc 7 being the writer doesn't work at all to me.
Too immature, too subjective, too biased, not understanding enough about enough, contrary to whoever wrote Umineko arcs.
Requiem is not absolute truth, as demonstrated when Bern revealed the "body unable to love" scene. But it is a kind of truth. Otherwise it's meaningless. When you, or anyone, tells a true story, certain parts may be emphasized or left out in order for the story to have a certain feel to it. This is what Claire is doing.

"Too immature"-Yasu in EP7 was younger than Yasu would be as a writer. A young person can change a lot in a year, and let's not forget that Yasu had an entirely new place in life with responsibilities shifting from being a servant to being the head of the Ushiromiya family during the nearly 2 years between when Claire's narrative ends and the explosion incident of 1986. Plus, I think Legend and Turn were both written some time after the incident as well.
"Too biased"-Why do you think the writer wasn't biased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Not very good "objective writer material".
Seriously, the writer of all the arcs has a lot more life experience and understanding of everything then a delusional Yasu who can't stop her Battler obsession after 6 years.
But the writer is really obsessed with Battler.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote