View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 15:23   Link #27932
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Personally I think Yasu is the less convincing character in the story. Too much drama and angst is filled on her to the point that it became a bit unbelievable. I do not want to bully Ryukishi here, I just want to understand how an author could make a character "real" and interesting. The concept behind Yasu is nice, I think it is the problem of "being recognized" and "being understood." But sometimes I feel the characters lean too much on this concept that she barely could feel real.
For me the problem is more that there's not really a character named Yasuda but 3 characters that should represent the various sides of her... 3 characters those behaviours sometimes clash in such a way if I've to think at them placed inside a single body I've to assume at least one of them isn't being honest in his feelings.
I'm not sure how to explain it well though.

In short for me is not a problem of drama amount but of proper representation of the character who was supposed to suffer all that drama to the point she planned a mass murder with suicide included.

Honestly I would have preferred a less biased representation in EP 7 considering the idea was we were supposed to be sympathetic toward her but well... that's just me.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote