View Single Post
Old 2012-02-28, 03:34   Link #27939
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
We know that for some unforeseen reason, everyone there gets killed except for Eva, Battler (and possibly Yasu). As Battler (and Yasu?) leaves the island in that boat, Yasu jumps off the boat, prompting Battler to follow him/her. Yasu dies, but Battler gets washed up to shore having lost his memories.
It's possible that the scene with Battler and Yasu escaping on the boat was a fantasy scene, since immediately before it Featherine is described as casting a golden rose into the sea as thanks for getting to write their tale.

Quote:
I personally believe that Yasu did kill everyone on the island, and committed suicide while with Battler inside the boat, and this is the sad Truth that Battler spent all of episode 8 trying to lock away. I haven't played the games as many times as what most of you may have, nor read it and analyzed it carefully, so again, I'd love to hear your takes on "the truth".
Personally, I am adamant that Yasu is infact martyring herself as the culprit and is covering for someone else who really did do it, because frankly she doesn't have a motive and in nearly every bit of characterization we get she seems to be unable to work up the nerve to do something huge, especially kill someone.

To call to attention, for example, Chick Beato, who was unable to kill Natsuhi.

Also, if Yasu did it, why did Eva lock up the truth? Why is she throwing her whole life away to protect the reputation of some maid who she never liked hanging around George anyway?

Quote:

While I understand that not knowing what caused everyone to die is the beauty of Umineko (I've said this several times) and I share that sentiment, I can't help but remember R07 mentioning that this Game is solvable. I believe that this is the only real thing that one can discuss about Umineko, and I'm sure the past 1000 pages are full of that. As I'm unfortunately exceedingly behind in my studies already for playing the game, I would like to ask for everyone's ideas of what they think happened inside this cat box, and providing whatever reasons they had arriving at this conclusion. Since I didn't put nearly as much care into playing this game as most of you, I trust I'll hear some very interesting conclusions that differ from my own.
I'm personally positive that either George or Battler did it; preferably George since Black Battler's existence is sort of a Reverse Psychology debunking of Battler theory.

Quote:
But to me it makes a large part of the game pretty useless if Yasu ISN'T the culprit
Would you mind explaining your reasoning here?