View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 19:55   Link #2667
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Yes? That's kind of what it means to be light hearted. No serious world saving plot. It's a story about a bunch of girls and their passion for martial arts with a bit of Ancient Belka voodoo mixed in. You may not like such a story, but that doesn't make it bad.
I do like such stories. I dislike bad written and poorly done attempts like ViVid feels like. I do not care it doesn't have a serious plot. I like several animes that were not about fighting or wars among evil and good empires. Epic is great but I like simplest stuff which is not what ViVid is doing. I will like to see that passion but the problem is again execution. You talk about passion for fighting and yet we never really construct such passion. We are told they are passion and they act excited about it but you never really know why. They are just happy about this crap and they never really have any motive.

We didn’t construct this simple story to be with just a passion over a sport. Showing us the characters training, overcoming problems and really just keep it going despite the hardships that they might endure. So when the freaking tournament comes around we already see and perceive the hard work they put in to this and that passion that doesn’t fall as a heartless made up happy looking attitude they actually give us here. So when they lose we do realize that this means a lot for them. Instead we get a bunch of boring ass moments when they are just smiling and talking happy aboyt how awesome everything is and how exited they are without a single moment when they just stop and share why they care or if this means more than just a freaking way to lost time.

You light hearted doesn’t translated as “heartless stories” and really is the lack of emotion that everything here is fill with that actually turns it down. At is best the manga was in the first moment when characters react like people to the impulses they faced. Now they take this light, friendly, consequence free, boring and long tournament and try to pretend there is some kind of emotion involve when all over this lacks any kind of ground.

Is the bad execution was make a good idea boring and bad. So no, is not me not liking this type of stories is me not liking this particular one because is just done with so little merits that doesn’t even know where is going.

Quote:
And yes, Nanoha could just swoop in and own the entire stadium, but again, just because superman could clean the entirety of Gotham on his weekend off doesn't mean all batman comics are terrible.
No, but again, Batman holds his own ground. None of the ViVid characters holds anything. They are just there and are so weak they are ignore in the next incarnation of the franchise.

Quote:
Oh look, things changed.

Not they didn't. The irrelevant details change but the important parts remains the same. In the end what matters is that Ein and Sieg connect because of their past and memories and ancestors. Where and when really comes out as details that are irrelevant to this important elements. So no, nothing changes at the core. Is like saying the story will be different if Nanoha was right handed instead of left handed, or if her final attack was call "Stars Breaker" and was green for some reasons instead of being "Star Light Breaker" and be pink. Or that the story will be different if instead of fighting over the city Nanoha and Fate fight in the forest. Those are details that doesn't add anything and work in background. So no, nothing changes.