View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 20:06   Link #2669
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Also I could defend Bleach but we have another forum for that. I just say that overall Bleach is not so boring as ViVid and while it might have a cast just as large Bleach is now 10 years old and has more than 500 chapters and even in the same number if chapters ViVid has, Bleach did it in six months and was way ahead on story and introduction of characters.
About 50 chapters of intro, I believe. And they'd only introduced... six major characters or so? Out of the... 20? 30? I lost count. Chapter51 was when the Soul society arc got started, which lasted... about 128 chapters?

Quote:
I do like such stories. I dislike bad written and poorly done attempts like ViVid feels like. I do not care it doesn't have a serious plot. I like several animes that were not about fighting or wars among evil and good empires. Epic is great but I like simplest stuff which is not what ViVid is doing. I will like to see that passion but the problem is again execution. You talk about passion for fighting and yet we never really construct such passion. We are told they are passion and they act excited about it but you never really know why. They are just happy about this crap and they never really have any motive.
.... Then you clearly haven't been reading the manga, because motivation for the various characters has been explained.

Vivio: Wants to grow strong and make her mother proud.
Corona: She's lagging behind the others in the physical department, which drives her competitive spirit because she wants to walk by their side, not behind.
Einhart: The entire dark past shtick, now combined with a strange fascination at finding out fighting can be fun.
Miura: Living a life of constant failure, she finally found something she is talented in.
Hell, even Shante got a reason: She's grateful to Shach's help and wants to gain attention for the church and spread the Kaiser faith.

The only real exception is Lio. We don't know that much about her motivations yet. I hope we'll find out during her fight.

Quote:
No, but again, Batman holds his own ground. None of the ViVid characters holds anything. They are just there and are so weak they are ignore in the next incarnation of the franchise.
Yes, because the next story is a Superman story, not a batman story. This isn't hard logic, sansk. Power =/= good story, yet you insist it must be.

Quote:
Not they didn't. The irrelevant details change but the important parts remains the same. In the end what matters is that Ein and Sieg connect because of their past and memories and ancestors. Where and when really comes out as details that are irrelevant to this important elements. So no, nothing changes at the core. Is like saying the story will be different if Nanoha was right handed instead of left handed, or if her final attack was call "Stars Breaker" and was green for some reasons instead of being "Star Light Breaker" and be pink. Or that the story will be different if instead of fighting over the city Nanoha and Fate fight in the forest. Those are details that doesn't add anything and work in background. So no, nothing changes.
Bullshit. You completely rewrote Ein and Sieg's first encounter. You changed things, Sansk. End of line.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote