View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 22:12   Link #17
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
I literally laughed out loud .
I do try.
Can't always be so overly serious in a debate, humour helps keep tension low for something that is sensitive to some people, so I beleive anyways.
Quote:
Yeah, I've heard people use the word "gay" for both male and female homosexuals.
The more Mystie hears 'Ah she's gay', the more happy she'll be
Quote:
Some very interesting points raised. Though I come from a very liberal area, I've never actually thought about people being both gay and christian (I feel a little ignorant right now ). Are there specific qualifications needed to be met for one to call oneself christian?
Truly?
If we're to discard the politics and BS behind it all, it's two things.
- Believe in God and in Jesus (Christ = Christian)
- Love your neighbour as you want to be loved.

Ta da, that's it.
Hence there's a lot of 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus' in America, it's to beleive in him to save your soul come Judgement time, and be it Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Church of England, Protestant (for the main gangs), we all kinda look at each other and go:
Yeah... we at least agree on that much. xD
I've never really thought of 'christian and gay' either to be honest, it really just doesn't jive with me, but I do practice the 'it's not my place to judge, after all, I'm human' and try to (as much as I can) respect my fellow humans as long as they're nice too.
(2nd rule I wrote above)

You're from Cali, yet sadly check out the stunt your state pulled.
That doesn't spell 'liberal' to me, rather the tolerence level in public is lower than let's say the states on the bible belt.
But to many people, in their minds, hearts, the sentiments are the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique
Digs way deeper than that, but to put it simply, it's celebrating and embracing the differences between a man and a woman, physically, emotionally and mentally who work to become as one.
And two men can never experience the same thing?
Not in the conventional sense of being born with the sexual organs to make another human life together under the act of making love, gay couples can never do that with no human interference, hence I specifically clarified 'emotional, mental and physical'.
3 points m'dear
I have a link to a post a sexologist wrote about what sex feels like for a woman, which has sentiments that tie into the physical differences between a man and woman of which the church also note on, if you're interested, (and you are over 18, good, lol) I'll link to ya.
And drag me to the sexuality thread or elsewhere or hop onto my profile wall, my spider senses are tingling and I sense mod/admin eyes about wondering if we're deviating too much from the topic at hand:

Civil marriage laws for homosexuals

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Another thing I don't quite like about christianity, the different divisions are basically interpretations of the bible, where they pick and choose what they find most convenient for themselves. It's like a "uh... I don't like these "laws", let me make my own interpretation and start a new faith"
Agreed, I'm not too pleased about that either, lol, hence I classify it under the 'politics and BS' aspect.

Them: Come join our evening meetings, here's a copy of our magazine.
Me: Uhh.. I already beleive in God/Jesus and I'm Catholic, so thanks but no thanks.
Them: Oh that's good, but come listen to what we have to say, hear the real message of God.
Me: Hmm... we beleive in God? Good. We believe in Jesus? Good. We beleive in the second rule of his? Good.
Have a nice day, don't let the door hit you on the way out. ^^

It's more a feature of just being human beings from all over the world, trying to follow the same faith. There's bound to be disagreements, differenences to suit the environment, and it applies to Islam too ironically enough. (faiths are more similar than people wish to believe)
But yes, that is a 'religion' thread topic tho
Not to mention, I better get up and do chores. ><;;

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-10-16 at 22:46.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote