Old 2012-07-18, 21:20   Link #58
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
There are two things to consider about Tobi's identity:

1. He wears a mask to hide his identity

2. He has a significant amount of knowledge about and influence

I think the Obito theory is absolutely ridicolous. Aside from a somewhat similar name where is the connection?

Are we really to believe that little snot-nosed Obito with his face crushed by a boulder and left for dead some how grew up to become a major player in the fate of the ninja world? And a villain at that. How would Obito know the history of Konoha, know Madara, gain so much power and manipulate some many powerful ninja?
Although he does fit the villain category of the series, he is not the type of villain that is doing all of these for personal gain. He is more like villains from these anime
Spoiler for contains the anime names which could be spoilers. you have been warned:

He is doing all of these to stop wars and to create peace but the method he is using is evilish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay
Realistically if Obito some how survived the incident that presumably killed him at best he would be Kakashi's equal not a Ninja master mind approaching the power of a God.
He is not really that strong. Now Madara is super strong but not him. He doesnt fight his battles himself. I mean he is probably as strong as maybe defeating a Hokage 1 on 1 easily or maybe 1v2 with some level of difficulty ( i don't know ). But i think that would be his limit. See most Uchia's rely on their eyes. If Itachi didn't have his Eye hacks he would be strong but not like that strong. Same with Kakashi, he learned many of his Jutsu because he copied them with his eyes and his signature move was completed because of a sharingan. Obito's strength is related to his eye power. Same way Itachi ( younger than Kakashi ) is stronger than Kakashi due to his eye powers, why is it so hard to believe that Obito would be stronger than kakashi? These are just my opinion. Feel free to disagree .
Quote:
I've been leaning towards him being Madara's brother but if so why hide his face from the current generation of Ninja?
possible but imo unlikely.
Quote:
Tobi's identity is unknown and he doesn't want to make a name for himself.

He is an ideologue obsessed with control who wants to bring about peace by taking away everyone's free will.

I think when everything is cleared up Tobi will probably be a character we can sympathize with.

But I don't think it's Obito.
I mostly agree with what you said here but if you may let me add a few things to this. If he was in fact Obito, in addition to what you said here, the reason he doesn't talk a lot or doesn't want to make himself known might have something to do with what he was told by Minato back in kakashi Gaiden. When Obito lied about why he was crying Minato told him " if you don't control your mouth, not only your mouth but your mind will also become weak" .

Quote:
Obito was at peace with himself when he was dying. Besides Obito was a major inspiration for Kakashi. Tobi has impacted so many lives and Naruto is the hero of this story so I think whoever Tobi is he is much more connected to the major events in the Ninja world than Obito who was just Kakashi's teammate when he was a child.
Well i think he wanted to stay with every one longer. We don't know how he survived ( if he is indeed Obito), but depending on how he survived and circumstances after he was revived/survived , he could have lost all hope for Shinobi world. He used to be like Naruto and said he would rather be a trash if that was what meant to be a Ninja ( when Kakashi told him they had to forget about Rin if i am remembering correctly).

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-08-22 at 08:20.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote