View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 19:54   Link #832
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Yeah, lasers travel at the same speed of light, so assuming they're not slowing them down in the show for the sake of letting people have a chance to dodge, they must be doing something to the process of creating the actual beam and slowing it down
The real life answer I guess is that its a depiction problem, or more precisely using a process or beam-type that doesn't really make sense with the animation depiction. IE like lasers not moving at light speed.

In 00 anyways, I've rationalized it to either lasers being used in the beam creation process rather than being the actual fired beam or it being named for the sake of coolness. Neither is satisfactory though but its better than nothing. If those weapons were truly move like lasers than they'll have a big aiming advantage.

Of course, in the case of the Photon Blaster, it might be too early to make decent conclusions yet since we don't know whether its actually a laser but photons being involved does suggest a speed of light something somewhere at least. I'm kinda hoping they'll explain it somewhere eventually. The adaptation novels are surprisingly detailed tech, well sometimes anyways. I guess after getting a brief explanation on DODS specialty of a spinning, however simple I'm kinda hoping they'll be something with Sigmaxiss too.

The stupidiest theory I can think of would be to call it the Photon Blaster Cannon simply because it blasts visible light literally from the brightness from the large beam.