View Single Post
Old 2008-08-09, 23:19   Link #40
Ctdash

Kamina, Kittan and Simon. I didn't get to vote for Simon because of a blunder with my stupid mouse...

Simon

He is the only character in the series to actually remind me of myself as a kid. A loner, shy, and looking for friends until I met a great one like Kamina. I didn't like Simon when Nia was introduced but he still was the character I felt resembled me the most. Like his friend and role model, Simon decided not to take shit, and grew up to be a great person. The end of the series screwed him though. Though I did not like Nia, I cared how they killed her off and sent him in a journey as a loner... No he should have had a happy ending and remained with his friends.

Kittan

Though I did not like episode 4, the introduction of Kittan was what kept me watching. He was the eldest sibling of three sisters. Awesome guy, and courageous like Kamina. Being the elders brother of three sisters make me feel as if Kittan was a very responsible guy, maybe even more than Kamina. In a way I feel like that if Kamina remained alive for most of the series, he and Kamina would have been best friends. He was a character that I felt was killed off unfairly but I thought it was necessary anyway because I bet it moved a lot of fans of the show.

Kamina - This guy was my favorite character of the show. Somehow I always knew he was not long for the show because the first 7 episodes made it look like he was the main character while the show was supposed to be about Simon. I liked how he considered Simon a brother rather than a friend, and how much of a role model he was to a lot of characters in the show. Also it showed that he wasn't courageous out of nowhere. He became what he is because of a father who had offered him a life of adventure on a barren surface that seemed to scare him as a child. His father went on, and he stayed behind which prompt him not to be so scared to face the unknown, hence why his bravery can seem outrageous and suicidal at times. I loved that. He also reminds me of an older friend I had when I was in elementary school, bringing out the brave of people who seemed weak, defeated and cowardly. It pissed me off more than it saddened me when he met his demise. Personally I believe Kamina should have lasted 6 more episodes. I liked how he returned in the end of the series though, and how much of an influence he was to the entire Gurren Lagann Brigade. Overall Kamina rocks, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE IS?!

Basically what I said in another thread.