View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 14:01   Link #538
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I was responding to your point about having mokuton or sharingan and that making you more powerful or not since they are required for controlling bijou. I agree that it isn't everything because there are weak uchiha (compared to the strong uchiha anyway) and someone like yamato isn't near the top of the power list despite having mokuton. so all I'm saying is that having mokuton or sharingan is a valuable asset and part of a larger picture that would make up a particular ninja's total power.
Don't recall saying that either though. I never implied that those shouldn't count. I was just replying to his point, and what he said was:

Hashirama can defeat Tailed Beasts (thanks to Mokuton, which is specifically designed to do exactly that). Hiruzen cannot defeat the Kyuubi. Therefore, Hashirama has to be stronger.

And I said that makes no sense. Mokuton and Sharingan are pretty much cheats when it comes to handling Tailed Beasts, so saying that somebody with one of them is automatically stronger than somebody who can't handle a Tailed Beast but doesn't have either of those is stupid.

Hashirama could be stronger. I've done some double-checking on ET, and I'm somewhat convinced now on the argument that Orochimaru's ET may have been incomplete. All I'm saying is that Hashirama isn't automatically stronger on the point of being able to handle a Tailed Beast alone, because I'm reasonably certain that if Hiruzen had Mokuton or the Sharingan he'd make a fool out of the Tailed Beasts too. That's just what those two things do.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote