View Single Post
Old 2013-05-08, 10:19   Link #3975
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Was LxC 2 really that good? The writing was similar in style to the first one (especially with regards to the male lead), the source of drama and conflicts were predictable and easy to spot from a mile away, and conflict resolution pretty much gets lost in all the H scenes when it's not coming off as abrupt and sudden.

It was entertaining, and it was nice seeing all the work that went into the stat system and stuff, but I didn't think it was that good.
Imho, the drama and conflicts were never supposed to be a serious element in the LxC series seeing that there's not much of a (deep) story to begin with, hence the better that it gets resolved as soons as it has dared to appear. They could have just left it out and tada an pure happy-go-lucky VN, which is not a bad thing, btw . With the stat + dating-sim approach as its main points, I thought it would appeal to exactly those fans, who remember/know the classic dating-sim True Love, for example.
Long story short: It depends on what you are looking for in a VN. Icha-icha rabu-rabu lovers like I, who don't care too much of a deep story (partly depending on the genre/premise) as long as the romance is good and the characters are likeable are likely in 7th heaven
@LxC2 itself: So far I enjoyed the beginning until confession part of Hime and Hinata more than those of Seine and Wakoto. The interaction between the former group with the MC was due to their cheerful nature and brightness simply more enjoyable. Hence, from the routes I completed, Hime and Seine, I prefered Himes, even though I generally enjoy the calm/soft-spoken/less talkative characters.