View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 13:24   Link #1594
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Mind if you can relate to who in the Gundam verse almost has the same phrase as Toki? (Though she is a true innovator...)
The MADs/parody vids in nico for FotNS and Gundam with Saki are freaking hilarious. Sometimes I wonder if Prince of Tennis has an all female cast, the series would be pretty damn popular too (yeah yeah I know it already is ... but you know what I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Oh my god Kuro is such a loser. Her only use in the game is making Teru's hands more easier to guess because she's hoarding all the dora which she can't even use. I feel bad for her. But hey at least she's helping and everyone's appreciative of her even though she's beating herself badly.
I think part of the issue is that for the "other losers" in the series before, they struggle a lot and still make an effort to do something. So far, the focus has been entirely on Senriyama/Toki, which makes Kuro seems very useless, but this is only the vanguard battle (though it does seem like the captain battle) and in the past this is given less emphasis. I think Ono wrote on his twitter (or was it on the website) that the +3 episodes will be focused on Achiga so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
God Achiga really got A LOT BETTER these recent episodes.
Indeed! Manabu Ono/Tatsuhiko Urahata/Yota Tsuruoka are people that I like a lot. Obviously this series has a very limited budget (even this episode has those derpy faces next to Nodoka at the end + long scrolling still frames), but they know how to balance the budget well so the parts that need to be amazing are amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Anyway... this was quite a second-to-last episode... though I really do have to question how far Toki is willing to push herself.
The line where she goes "everyone gave me this round" was a very nice touch (would've brought me to tears if it wasn't so bloody hilarious ). (Eeeee? This is mahjong?!?!)
We shouldn't compare this series to TypeMoon verse. Top tier players can wipe servants on their asses instantly. These highschool girls aren't even the strongest in here. I'm sure Toki can tear Nanaya a new one just by herself, and Ryuuka's mana supply's more "effective" than Shirou's .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote