View Single Post
Old 2008-11-13, 15:01   Link #64
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I wonder when Luffy will ever fall in love, I dont mean with the Sea, I mean a crush It would be nice but, since I think Luffy deserves it

I do think that we need a girl who is cute and falls in love with Luffy, just for fun
I don't think romance will ever really be a key role in the story. At least not till it's all over and Luffy is the Pirate King.

Personally, I always liked Nami for that. I remember that in the original one shot for One Piece it started off with just Luffy and Nami meeting.
She's also always been the one person he's trusted his straw hat with and she's pretty much in charge of the ship anyways. Most of the time she's more like the captain then Luffy is.
There was the time Luffy came to the rescue back on Sky Island when Nami was pretending to go along with Enel. She was so happy to see Luffy arrive she was in tears, in the anime version.

I do remember during the Thriller Bark arc, after Nami ditched the wedding gown, her shirt was a pirate skull decorated with a Queen's crown. Kind of like the Pirate Queen.
Spoiler:

I did notice something funny in these most recent manga chapters. With Luffy on that Amazon island. In the past Luffy always reacted to Nami's breasts, but no reaction at all to Boa's.
Spoiler for Luffy's reactions to Nami's body:

I think I read something by Oda that Luffy is still a healthy young man.
I'm really curious where Nami went to.

Can you image the horror of it all if Sanji finds out where Luffy was?