View Single Post
Old 2008-11-23, 00:44   Link #1298
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
So what do you have to say about those rich collectors that folk out thousands and millions to own an extensive collection of female classical sculptures from times such as ancient Greece and Rome ?

Are we, the anime figure collector, any different from them ? Think about it.
As long as you don't fap to these things

Spoiler:

I do have my issues with geek and otaku culture, its alienation and the treatment and deciption of women, so I can see where he's coming from but its not for this thread to discuss about it!

Now I find these things too expensive, some are amazing for me, specially gaming stuff like the ones from first4figures but I find them unaffordable, however I met this one in a fair and I couldn't help to buy it, even though I only spend around $30, I still thought it was expensive.

(sorry for the bad quality)

GameraBaenre your work is amazing, are there any tutorials or beginner sites to make this? what kind of materials are needed? are they expensive? (sorry, I'm cheap ) I'm not very interested in anime figurines per se, but I just want to make some sculptures of my own creations to help me draw them, since I'm not very talented and I need the help to get dimensions and diferent perspectives right of the things that I have in my head, and I've tried with clay only to have terrible results.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote