View Single Post
Old 2003-11-28, 22:37   Link #115
Togabito_Ion

I'd like to make a quick comment in defense of the scanslations, to be honest... To only two name spellings that KSS and I had changed when working on Chrno Crusade was 'Rosette' and 'Stella'.

This being that Rosette, according to Daisuke Moriyama was 'Rotzetto' and Stella was 'Satella'. I have had reasons to believe that, while her name is written as such, it would be 'Stella', because of another name in the series...

.....however this is HUGE MAJOR SPOILER info... If you REALLY don't want to know, you really shouldn't read. :3

Spoiler:

Nevertheless, take in mind, we're also going by the fact that other than a handful of names, none of them were written in Roman letters. While it's spelled 'Aion' in the preview, it's pronounced the same as 'Ion', and was never really written out in romaji, just as アイオーン which led me to the spelling that I use now.

In most cases, I think it's silly to argue over spelling names. I'm so used to actually typing it out as 'Chrono Crusade', because I never saw the logo... I actually saw クロノ クルセイド first. ^^ That's what's stuck in my mind.

This is the same matter as to people that I know griping that Ishida Akira plays Chrno when Takayama Minami played him in the radio dramas. I really like both of their parts playing him, and I while I'm more accustomed to hearing Takayama-san play him, Ishida-san is still doing an excellent job with him as a character.

I personally think this is simply a matter of what you was first and what you're used to. That's all.
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote