View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 20:22   Link #95
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
GTrue. You have to also take into account that the subsystem you removed must not cause errors in the main program. If Kirito had done it wrong, he could have crashed the entire or at least some parts of SAO.
I am 100% certain that GMs don't have privileges at that level. As mentioned, they're basically underpaid grunts with no programming experience. They belong to the customer service department and the only training they have relates to customer service. They can spawn and despawn monsters, and do the same with items, but they can't change the programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I doubt it would happen. Yui is probably a driver object that calls function from the framework. Deleting an driver would only remove a system task.

It's Kirito's speed typing bothers me. It's also bothers me that Gamemaster would delete Yui while the game is running. Deleting Yui(runtime or executable) would require the system pause, and it would kill everyone who logs on to the system.
Yui's not a system. She's a game object. An npc. Deleting her doesn't require and reboot.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote