View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 08:26   Link #6438
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I'd advise doing a course, or reading about, Statistical Analysis and Numerical Methods, aimed at scientists/engineers. If you can handle those, the business stuff is super easy. In my (admittedly limited) experience, a lot of mathematics in business draws extensively from engineering.
Question is, from which kind of school?

Mathematics taught locally is a brain-dead course - don't bother understanding the formula, just apply to score As. I took the liberty of going off schoolwork to discover the beauty of calculus and infinitesimal numbers back when doing my 'A's and causing it to flunk badly.

Normal statistics is no problem for me, just that I am a little rusty. What I am trying to understand is how to "reason with numbers"; i.e discovering the reason behind all those formulas used.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote