View Single Post
Old 2008-10-22, 22:43   Link #299
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

We have to differentiate between cybenetic implants and prosthetics. Replacement arms and legs for injuries would be alright, I believe, but what the line is drawn at is full body cyborgs like Grace.

As for fold quartz, it depends. If there's a way for the Vajra to drop off fold quartz without being dissected, and more two-way communication is possible, we could well have a cooperative soceity springing up. As for poaching... well, anyone who wants to try poach Vajra is welcome to try, and of course to get their asses kicked.

As for the rest of the Galaxy fleet left to the mercies of the Vajra, I'm not too sure of that. We see a number of Deneb-class cruisers around where the Queen is in episode 25, as Alto makes his canyon run (at my count there were at least 5).

Something to consider: we all agree that the VF-171 is a nerfed fighter (apparently official sources also say that it's not quite up to the standards of the old VF-17). Could the switch to the VF-171 from the VF-19 perhaps be the NUNS way of having a trump card? When your rogue fleet's grunts are using VF-19s, it's a lot more difficult to fight them off, compared to if they're just using VF-171s...

...leaving aside the reason that if Kawamori turned the VF-19 into a grunt cannon fodder mecha the nerd rage would be greater than the NanoFate Legion...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote