View Single Post
Old 2011-12-09, 16:46   Link #32
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

omg kanba

i don't feel his actions are character assasination in the least--i think he's a great vechile in understanding WHY people become terrorists and kill others. all along, kanba's resolution to save his sister and protect his family made him a sympathetic, tragic character in the beginning and it's now made him a (still tragic) villain. not to say that i'm not a kanba fan cause i am.

and in no way is that justifying his actions, but it makes you understand why disturbed people do the things that they do.

that said, sanetoshi is the true deplorable character here, mainly because I DON'T understand why he's doing this. he used kanba in the worst way possible--he gave him increasingly despicable ways to save his sister, always stating that "there's one way you can save her".

i really do feel like that this episode made some strong parallels between himari and masako. they both are giving up their lives to save their brother--i just felt like masako's was just so much more tragic, considering how she's been trying to save mario too. i've grown to love masako since her flashback episode and she's just frigging amazing.

shouma on the other hand...I GET IT, i get that he's emotionally distraught and has crippling guilt, but i wanted his big shining moment to happen earlier in the series, not two episodes away from the finale. it makes it less believable.

oh tabuki and yuri

and it's so funny how things change, but seeing bits of ringo in my weekly mawaru is like some sunlight in a dark cave or something lol. she's just so funny and sane now.

finally shoma in the same box as the penguins? hmm.

amazing episode!