Thread: Licensed K-On! Manga discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 16:20   Link #1893
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Still, if Kakifly was going for a HTT V3, made out of Nao, Surime and two other freshmen, now that's a greater challenge here. If he made it that far, and continued the HTT in Highschool, and yet writers such interesting characters, he would certainly prove that he is not a one Trick Pony.

It'll be a very interesting premise if K-on morphs into a long runner about the various members of the Light Music Club, through the years, as members come and ago. It'll be fitting, actually, if the story of K-on was not the story of Yui, but the story of a club.
I'm willing to bet a lot of people wouldn't like forgetting the original characters that made this franchise such a huge hit. Heck, if he just keeps repeating this central theme of people coming and going into the LMC, I think that would make Kakifly a one-trick pony. He already took a bit of a gamble by putting the original four through college, I don't think recycling the HS, or even Uni chapters with different characters will keep the fans interested for years to come.