View Single Post
Old 2007-12-09, 12:00   Link #10
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah I agree with this, JYB's voice has that "good guy" (or wannabe good guy in Suzaku's case) quality to it and he was the first person I thought of to play Suzaku. Oh well, would have to hear it before making a real judgment on it.
Before we continue this debate any further, I need to make a few points as to why I have some hope for this dub.

1) Lelouch was Fukuyama Jun's first major role as an antagonistic character. Prior to that, he had been relatively typecast in to the "good guy roles." (See Albert from Gankutsuou, Watanuki from XXXHolic, etc.)

2) Same goes for Sakurai Takahiro, Suzaku's VA, who was typecast into the "bad guy" roles. Before Geass came out, people were wondering why Lelouch and Suzaku's VAs weren't switched. (See Ray from GunXSword, Kanda from D.Gray-Man, etc.)

3) Taniguchi Goro supervised the English casting decisions. He did the same thing for the Japanese casting, so I have hope he made the right decisions.

And yes, I had to bold and enlarge the font. Almost everytime I post an answer to someone's question, it goes by ignored
-___-;;;;
flou is offline   Reply With Quote