View Single Post
Old 2009-09-10, 12:37   Link #521
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
Plus, on another note entirely, isn't it an option to date all the girls?
Spoiler for Aishia Spoiler.:
That's what he's doing anyway, why not throw some physical in there as well lol.
Well, no, that's not really Aisia's wish. She wants all the girls to have to their love for Junichi returned, which plain wasn't possible given that Junichi had already found the love of his life. Basically, Aisia wanted what a lot of viewers wanted -- for Nemu to disappear and for Junichi to give other girls a chance -- but the only way to do that was to (try to) wipe out his love for Nemu with magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvanoshei View Post
Spoiler for Ending Spoiler.:
Jun'ichi my boy... you could have done better...

Well, not that I suspect you really care, but that wasn't the point. Junichi didn't love any other girls, hence the ending was just restoring things to their natural state. For him to end up with any of the other girls through magic would have been cheating, and would never have been ultimately satisfactory to any of the girls. That was Aisia's big lesson, hence her decision. The tree's magic wasn't "pushed aside", its entire use was pointless and wrong from the get-go, and Aisia finally figured that out.

Both Da Capo anime are about coming to accept when your love can't be returned; the fact that you think he made a "bad decision" is exactly what the anime is trying to say isn't your call. Junichi's only decision was to be faithful to his true love... even if it wasn't the fans' true love. But hey, if you feel differently, there's always D.C.I.F. for an alternate possibility.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote