View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 13:27   Link #527
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Regarding this specific point, I also want to point out: you might consider watching the first episode again, because that actually wasn't the case at all. Kotori was depressed because, as much as Junichi cared for her as a friend, he never crossed the line no matter how much she wanted him too. She was losing confidence in herself as a woman! See also the scene where Junichi's in Nemu's room, which is very important. As much as, on the surface, it might have looked like Junichi and Kotori could have had something more, the reality was that nothing was happening. Kotori had already realized, at some level, that Nemu was still the only one in his heart, but she still loved him anyway. That realization was, basically, at the heart of the entire show, and it was explained right in episode 1. The most important part of the episode wasn't the heart-thumping and the blushing, it was the scenes they showed after that where they explained that "it's not what you think".
Hmm, interesting points! With the Jun'ichi scene in Nemu's room, one can only see that he is going through depression/heartache. If I recall, that scene was near another scene regarding the two as a couple (Kortori/Jun), and there was a pause of embarrassment, and no answer to the question/statement.

When I see those two scenes, I don't really see it as Jun being faithful/still in love with Nemu. It tells me, Jun is losing his love for Nemu (remember, she hasn't said anything to him in 2 years), and Kotori is becoming more and more of a replacement in his heart. And Kotori would be depressed or uneasy because of the confusion on Jun'Ichi's heart.

I like your view points though relentless, they are very sound!
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote