View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 07:03   Link #144
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Something of mild interest to me.

Aside from eye rolling at just at how weak the psycho-pass police state actually is...is anyone else a bit surprised at how quickly in comparison the mass of citizenry (the medicated, preselected to be docile and wimpy populace) reacted to the threats of the helmeted guys? Sure you had Makishima's hacker buddy spreading rumors and all...but the fact that they'd be willing to start listening to those kind of suggestions this quickly does seem to suggest this populace is overall not as docile as might have been suggested.
This is one area where I agree with you. I delved into it a bit here.

The way the general populace is rising up to deal with the helmeted people was my main quibble with the episode. I mean, that sort of rising up takes balls in a normal society, so in a (presumably) very pacified one like the one in Psycho-Pass, it's nothing short of amazing.

After all, vigilante-ism is not something I'd expect a psychologically healthy person to be eager to engage in.

But I guess the idea here is that when people's faith in lawful authority crumbles, there is a tendency to panic and overreact. And sometimes this doesn't mean hiding under your bed covers while you lock all the doors in your house - Sometimes this means riots.