View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 05:45   Link #154
Traece
:cool:

What bothers me most about this recent plot escalation is, well, everything.

You have this future society where every single person is closely watched and monitored for sometimes even slight changes in their mental state. Anyone and everyone who becomes unstable enough to even have the remotest thought of a dangerous fashion is immediately rehabilitated. They have this massive network of cameras, drones, and computers assisting human law enforcers (who are merely slaves of the system). They can keep track of the average person in detail.

Yet they can't make exceptions in their database for people, or for items like helmets. They just can't do anything about anyone getting around their system, period.

The biggest issue I have with that is that NOBODY would EVER design a system like that. Period. No society past, present, or future would hand over their lives to a system and willing say: "In the off chance that our perfect system were to fail, we'll just have to accept that we're completely boned."

As far as the mass rioting goes, this is an observable human trait that doesn't really bother me. The fact that these heavily indoctrinated civilians suddenly turn to violence makes sense when you consider the propaganda being used. During scenes where the people were reading the message boards and saying that "self-defense" doesn't raise your PP, I honestly thought that it would end up being yet another issue with the system where these people genuinely had low PP because they absolutely thought they were doing the right thing.

All of that aside, since it's gone down this path I can't really complain much. There's no choice in the matter, after all. I am very curious for the almost assured plot twist when the system is finally shown. I'm fully expecting some sort of high-stakes melee between Kogari and Makishima.