View Single Post
Old 2015-12-06, 13:18   Link #60
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You guys have been having problems with split cour only just now? I had to settle the matter like 5 years ago when they started to become REALLY popular, since I keep a list of shows where childhood friends win or don't win. Like it boggles my mind that the matter only came up now...

So for whatever it is worth, if there is a cour or more separating an episode, I personally count it as an entirely new show. That's the most simple way to do it, as I didn't want to have the headache to continually reupdate my list each time an old anime gets a new season/split season.

I also don't see the need to segregate split cour with shows that do multiple seasons. So going by animesuki community awards standards, as long as the show ended by a certain time frame, then it should be eligible for ALL awards. There's the caveat though that if an anime with multiple seasons is nominated for that year, it should only be judged by the contents of that year alone.

So for example, Red Head Snow White should be eligible for this year's awards, and going by the announcement, it should be eligible next year as well. Thing is, next year's awards Akagami should ONLY be judged by the content on that year alone, and the previous season should have absolutely no influence for people to vote it next time around. (Now enforcing this is a bit hard lol)

So yes, I do believe people should be able to vote Akagami as say, best story of the year if indeed it was the best story that year. Because if it's good enough for people to actually love the story so much even though it didn't fully end, then why not let them vote?

Just a disclaimer... I frigging hate Akagami no Shirayuki-hime. I personally think it's only slightly a cut above your usual shoujo, and it doesn't separate itself from all the shoujo manga I've read over the years. On top of my 'Hayamin hatred' bleeding over from OreGairu (been called out by my friends on this lol), and it being so 'damsel-in-distressy' for the 4 episodes I saw it, it pretty much fully embodied everything about the shoujo genre that ticked me off.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote